March 24th - Day 340

Not for the first time I find myself sitting in front of my computer, with a few days catching-up to do, and not immediately able to remember what I saw today. Oh yes. Ivydale School again. But not the children. This evening was "Mamas and Papas" cabaret evening, when parents get on stage and perform whatever takes their fancy. Fortunately, due to Ivydale's above average quota of arty parents, some of whom perform for a living, this was not as teeth-clenching as it sounds. I had the children with me - a creche was set up in one of the classrooms - and the length of my attendance collerated directly with Daisy's tiredness and "want to go home" levels. So my hope was for a musical turn early on. First up was Oliver and Daisy's mum...
...Liz, who does perform music, but, for the first half at least, stuck to her role of non-musical compere. Next up...
...Tim. Tim has already appeared five times during my musical year, though naturally he has only been the "featured artist" once. A prize for anyone who can find Tim's five other days. Next up...
...four members of staff dancing to Abba's Dancing Queen. I think they may have been singing along, but with Daisy holding up well, it made sense to hang on a bit. Next on stage was Richard...
...a poet who doesn't sing and thus of no use to me at this time. After Richard came John...
 
...who sang and played guitar. Hoorah. And just in the nick of leg of time, because after his performance I had to go into the school playground to hunt pterodactyls. Daisy came with me. It was her idea.

No comments: