July 21st - Day 94

"Thank you for listening" are not the first words I want to hear upon arrival at a gig, especially if the next person who comes on stage says, "That was the final act". This was Park Sounds in Canada Square Park - advertised to be going on until two, but annoyingly finishing at one thirty-five. Can I be bothered to write about something I missed? Yes, okay. Showcase. Twenty emerging artists (five per weekday). One winner unveiled on Friday. The emerging artist I saw disappearing was soulful singer Olivia Leisk who, despite leaving the stage with aplomb, didn't make it through to the final. So I was left with the dilemma of whether to count the few chords I heard Olivia play as I was approaching the stage, as my music for the day.
I was saved by live music at my local pub The Ivy House - an obscure venue in Nunhead of unexpected reknown, of which more another time. And a little more to be added for today soon (honest) but I'm tired.

2 comments:

Olivia-Clare said...

Hahaha thank you so much for the mention! I feel I should make it up to you by inviting you to a couple gigs coming up of mine where you can actually here me! The first being the 23rd August and the 27th at the Bedford! Hope to see you there, make sure you reveal your identity xxx

skitter muster said...

Thanks for the gig info Olivia. I'm away both those dates unfortunately (that time of year isn't it!). I'll keep an eye out for you in the future - hope both evenings go well.