July 28th - Day 101











They're changing the guards at Buckingham Palace, but it's kind of hard to see what's going on...Sitting on someone's shoulders, that's a good idea...but I'm on my own, feels a bit over familiar to clamber up a stranger... the zoom on that camcorder's pretty good - better than my phone that isn't a camera - Hey, what's going on?! They're coming up from the rear, marching down The Mall!! I can't see!! Get out of the way!! I'm from London and I want to see my guards!! But what's this...here's another lot coming up from Horse Guards Parade?! Hurrah. At last...the money shot.
The history: "When Queen Victoria moved into Buckingham palace in 1837 the queens troops remained at the old St James Palace. Therefore everyday a detachment of troops was and still is marched up from St James Palace to replace those guarding the Queen at Buckingham palace."
(If anyone reading this knows how I can sort out the dodgy layout on these blogs, please let me know cos I'm not getting the hang of it. Thanks)



No comments: