August 10th - Day 114

I'm not sure what this guy made of Daisy and me. Due to circumstances beyond our control I had a fifteen minute round-trip window to find music along a half mile stretch of the South Bank. I tore along the path with Daisy in my arms as if we'd just escaped from somewhere. The merry-go-rounds on the other side of Hungerford Bridge were in my sight, but not yet in Daisy's, as we came to the point where I was going to have to turn around very soon. Then I spotted this accordian player at the top of the stairs that turn right onto the footbridge over the river. "Look! An accordian player!" I said to Daisy as twenty colourful wooden horses whirled and bobbed fifty yards further on. "Oh yeah," she said. And we strode to the top of the steps, gave the man some money, took a photo and stood next to him for three minutes. Then we went back the way we had come with as much urgency as with which we had arrived.

No comments: