September 28th - Day 163

The advertised act at Oliver's Music Bar in Greenwich wasn't playing. I don't know why. The man from Oliver's who broke the news to me gave no indication that there was supposed to be someone playing tonight, but according to their Myspace the scheduled act was Jade Trio. One person called Jade Trio, or three people known as Jade Trio? Maybe I'll never know. A Google search uncovered The Jade String Trio, but they're based in New York. Maybe that's why they weren't there.

So I found these guys busking in the short alleyway that leads from Cutty Sark tube to the town centre. I made a note of the name on the cd they had for sale, but only in my head, and now I'm not sure what it was...M J Jones?

And later on, when I had to change buses on the way home, there was something going on at The New Cross Inn, so I popped in. What initially sounded like a generic punky racket morphed into a rather likeable base-driven escalating punk jam that sounded a bit like early Fall and was the last song of the evening by Hygiene.


No comments: