July 10th - Day 83

My original intention was to catch the street piano at The Tate Modern, only there isn't a street piano at The Tate Modern - it's at The Tate Britain. So it was back through the walkways under the South Bank bridges for me. I found accordian and drum under Blackfriars Bridge. I haven't seen these two as accordian and drummer before, but I have the feeling that I may have seen them in another guise, perhaps playing something else with a couple of others. There seem to be a posse of these ragtime gypsy-swing jazzmen playing in some form or other under at least one bridge at any given time. And they're all bloody good. I must get to the bottom of this. The photo shows today's duo being cheered and "arriba-ed!" by schoolchildren. Well, the children cheered - their teacher led the "arribas!"

No comments: