June 30th - Day 73

I marked the one-fifth-way stage of my journey by finding my camera zoom lens which, until yesterday, was still hiding in a box, post-house move. My excitement was short lived, because I'd forgotten my camera was out of battery juice until I didn't take the first photo, so it was back to the camera on my phone. I think the battery re-charger's also in a box...somewhere.

The subject of my photos were the delectable and Edwardian Underbling and Vow (and pianist) leading a good old cockney Knees-UP!! around the Soho Square street piano. The fact that I appeared to be the only person watching them who either wasn't holding a can of lager in their right hand, or wasn't from Mexico, didn't detract from my enjoyment - I even joined in...well, I moved my mouth in time with the words on over one occasion. The twenty-strong crowd, by the way, were a little more enthusiastic than this photo suggests. The man sitting in front of a kangeroo was having a well earned knees down after his knees up.
underblingandvow.co.uk

No comments: