June 24th - Day 67 (afternoon)

...And so Daisy and I turned up at the appointed hour beside the Camberwell Piano (conveniently situated next to a playground) to see the Camberwell Complaints Chorus. But the buggers weren't there. Still, at least I know where to complain. We bumped into my friend Charlie on the way. Charlie, very thoughtlessly, has spent his life not learning how to play the piano and so was unable to be a substitute for the Camberwell Complaints Chorus. And Daisy, quite apart from the fact that she also hasn't bothered to learn the piano, has already featured in my quest (Day 9) and so is rendered unsuitable. I played a few notes of "Doe a deer", or whatever it's called, and Charlie kindly suggested that would count. But I knew I'd only be cheating myself if I followed his advice. Someone watching asked whether she had to pay. I don't know if she meant to listen or to play.
And then I had to take Daisy home and go out again later...

No comments: