May 8th - Day 20

Three days ago Oliver brought home his script for this morning's assembly - a short play about Vikings.

There were some lines highlighted in green - I think they were Oliver's - but more crucially at the bottom of page one were the words "SONG Viking Warriors" and on page two "SONG Viking Boats".

"Hey," I said, "There's songs."

"I'm the Chief Viking," said Oliver.

"And there's songs," I said.

"No," he said.

"It says songs."

"No, we're not doing the songs."

"Why not?"

"Because we didn't want to do them."

I suggested to Oliver that he and his classmates may like to re-consider this decision. When he proved unwilling to heed my suggestion, I demanded to know who was in charge and he told me it was his teacher.

And so the assembly has passed off without music and what with Daisy's toddler group also, yet again, failing to deliver, I now need to pick Oliver up from his choir practice ten minutes early...

Choir did good - soaring version of Bill Withers' "Lovely Day"

No comments: