June 18th - Day 61

I saw a couple of guitarists today called Charles and Andy in the National Theatre Foyer, playing gypsy jazzy swing (there's a lot of it about). It made me think of Jacques Tati films. Not sure why - I can't remember whether it's the sort of music that was used.
Walking back to London Bridge via the Thames-side South Bank proved to be a hazardous journey on account of all the bleeding buskers I stumbled across along the way. Bagpipers, guitarists, lutists, flautists, drummers, the obligitary latino-ragtime-gypsy-swing jazz quartet...it made me wonder, if I walked the stretch from Westminster Bridge to London Bridge one high-summer weekend day, what number of buskers I'd find. Which in turn led me to determine that one day during this quest should be set aside to see as many musical turns as possible. Who's with me?

No comments: