June 29th - Day 72

This evening there was ten seconds silence for Gummo the Goldfish, who has died. Gummo was owned by Sam the band manager. Sam the band manager manages the band Swims. Swims were playing at The Social. The Social is near Oxford Circus. Oxford Circus is a busy intersection in the centre of London.
I couldn't help thinking, bearing in mind Gummo's fate, that Swims was an ironic name (if only for one evening). But there was hope - it was announced that Gummo had been found at the bottom of his tank and, as someone in the audience pointed out, dead fish float. And so one has to ask the question...is Gummo really dead?

myspace.com/swimsuk
thesocial.com

(I wrote about the music itself, which I liked, but I lost connection and lost my words and I'm too tired to re-write now so will have another go tomorrow)

No comments: