April 27th - Day 9

"I'm not feeling very well," said Oliver on the morning of my first child-free music-hunting day since Thursday, "I don't think I should go to school." He looked alright to me and I demanded proof, which he duely provided whilst bent in various positions over the toilet.

But all was not lost; I had already been audience to a musical performance before Oliver's unhelpful revelation. Completely out of the blue, Daisy asked me if she could sing me a song. She sang me four in the end (Cheeky Monkeys, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Once I Caught A Fish Alive). I had intended to use The Daisy Wild Card at some point, but not this early. However, the performance's complete spontaneity and its serendipitous timing persuaded me that the card had to be played now.

No comments: