April 27th - Day 9

"I'm not feeling very well," said Oliver on the morning of my first child-free music-hunting day since Thursday, "I don't think I should go to school."

He looked alright to me and I demanded proof, several small pieces of which he duely provided whilst bent over the toilet.

But all was not lost; I had already been audience to a musical performance before Oliver's unhelpful vomiting. Completely out of the blue, Daisy asked me if she could sing me a song. She sang me four in the end (Cheeky Monkeys, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Once I Caught A Fish Alive). I had intended to use The Daisy Wild Card at some point - only to be used once of course - but not this early. However, the performance's complete spontaneity and its serendipitous timing persuaded me that the card had to be played now.

No comments: